Re: My "Hand" Book

---------

From: Heidi McElroy (hmcelroy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 11:56:26 PDT

Wow! I absolutely love your altered book. It has inspired me to create
an assignment for my Art 3/4's. I am going to have them make altered
books to go along with the school year....hopes and dreams in August,
work in September, Homecoming (whatever that means to them) in October,
Thanksgiving in November, Holidays in December, Weather in January,
Storms in February, Spring in March, New Beginnings in April and
Farewells in May. We will work on the same book each month. I will give
tham the option of using hands and I am going to show your book as an
example. I did altered books years ago and I'll show them the photos of
them, too. (it was before the invention of digital cameras).
This is what I love about this list...it fuels my imagination. Thanks.
Heidi in VA