Re: Speaking of Restrooms....

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 11:06:12 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donald Arcement" <arcement@datastar.net>

> P.S. Your kids are taught to say "May I use the Restroom"? How did you
> accomplish this???? Please answer!!!

Dear Idus,

I'm the one who wrote this. Many of the teachers in my school, especially
the kindergarten teachers, feel it is their job to teach students how to be
polite. Students are taught to say, "Good morning Mrs...," "Please,"
"Thank you," and of course, "May I please use the restroom." They are also
taught not to interrupt adults who are talking unless it's an emergency, and
in that case they should say, "Excuse me." Most students have even learned
not to walk between two people who are talking. I reap the benefits of the
strong kindergarten teachers. Plus, if you don't let them use the restroom
until they ask politely, they will learn quickly.

Leah

---