Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: first week and weekly participation grades????

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 10:41:41 PDT

I do the daily grades and when I added the automatic detention for students who didn't earn 70% for the week my discipline improved 100%! Kids who aren't motivated by grades sure are motivated by having to stay after school! :-)

  Was also wondering if you like weekly participation grades? Not sure if I will do again this year, I mainly hoped it would help with discipline, not sure it did and
  makes more work for me.