Re: Speaking of Restrooms....

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 10:34:02 PDT

Well, I have my high school classes right after lunch. For some reason there
just isn't enough time to eat and go to the rr and go to their locker in
their 30 minute lunch break. Wouldn't be so bad, but our high school only
has 11 classrooms divided between 2 halls. So no, unless I know a student
has special needs then I don't let them go. I'm not opposed to bending the
rule now and then, but for normal purposes then they stay in the room. My
middle school classes are 90 min. long, and since they all seem to need to
go I just take them all at once - let them have a 5 min. break to giggle,
get a drink, go to the rr. Seems to help that age group focus better.
Elementary classes - no, they don't get to go. Most of the elementary
teachers respect my program and give them a break right before class.
~Michal

> Just curious, what is the policy for most of you art educators.
> Sometimes I feel like I am in the minority at school , in that if the
> kids ask politely( are not "frequent flyers") I let them go to the
> restroom.

---