Re: caring about drawing

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 10:05:23 PDT

By "positions", what are you referring to? Our teaching positions????????????
Claiming that art is magic and will exist with or without us doesn't exactly help advocate our profession, does it? I think we need to include the development of skill in our curriculum, otherwise we come off as warm bodies with smoke and mirrors.

Jayna

"Art will exist with or without us -- it's a human need. But I don't see enough of us on the forefront of what is happening. And I don't see enough of us recognizing the naive expression. We have bought into standards and forgotten the form.
The form is found with half closed eyes.
What do we do to make them stop? We forget the the magic.
Art is magic and we don't seem to come to conclusions on how to convey that because we are too concerned with positions."