Knott just another Quote (Mike and all)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:57:08 PDT

On the Getty list - we started having someone post a special Quote of the
day. Patty Knott started us out so I have labeled give my quotes that
subject head.
Other folks simply use Quote of the Day:

Here is one from Loretta:

This was my quote for the day......
"The real purpose of a book is to trap the mind into doing its own
thinking."~ Christopher Morley
This might apply to art as well. LOVE the "HAND" Book!!
Loretta

Think about this now when you become "overwhelmed" by what you read in Art
Education books

Here is the HAND BOOK-
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/alteredhandscover.html

With some gentle nudging <smile> I am sharing my newest altered book with
you all. I am exhibiting at our local art museum next week and needed
another artwork to display. The table I had originally intended to work on
just wasn't going in the right direction (seems the medium I work in most is
altering everything! *L*) Anyways, since I have been working with altered
books and am involved in our current art teachers round robin I thought I
would share my book with you.
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/alteredhandscover.html
~Michal

WOW!! WOW!! I think Michaljust made the altered book I would make if Iwere
to make an altered book (smile). I am steeling her ideas when I do make my
own. She knows what book I am altering. I just want to read it all again
first for some reason. Right now reading what you have to say is more
important to me.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department