Re: Not quite a peeve...

---------

From: Donald Arcement (arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:43:36 PDT

Tracey, sounds local to me. I am originally from New Orleans, and many New Orleanians still use the phrase "I'm gonna make groceries". This means that they will go to the grocery store and pick up some groceries. Also, people in N.O. will frequently say "How's ya momma and them?" That means "How are you doing and is your family okay?" "how's ya momma and them" is a regional phrase and will not work everywhere, if you know what I mean.

Idus (about and hour from New Orleans, in southern Mississippi)