Re: Will I be Arrested if I End a Sentence with a Preposition?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:36:59 PDT

Denise Wrote:

> I feel the need to respond to this, since I started this whole "controversy".
> I was NOT referring to this forum, but to every day conversations with other
> people. I used to use the word "at" at the end of my sentences also, but once
> someone pointed it out to me, it became MY pet peeve. I also make mistakes in
> spelling & grammar here because I am not the best typer (typist?). I am sorry
> if anyone took my peeve personally because it was not directed at anyone in
> particular. I will be sure to seriously consider my responses if/when I decide
> to post again. Thank you.
> Denise
> Defiance, OH

Please do post again and often, your comment was just something to start
conversation, a good conversation. I hope no one takes offense. I myself
learned about prepositions and some of the history of rules of language
usage. I too am a very poor speller (spell check helps me) so my sixth graders
kept a close eye on everything I put up in class. They were very helpful and
understanding. Mistakes are how we learn so lets be patient with the goofs
along the way. I too love you folks and would hate to see any of you hesitate
to speak up.
                                        Hang in there, Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons