Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Will I be Arrested if I End a Sentence with a Preposition?

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:36:59 PDT

Denise Wrote:

> I feel the need to respond to this, since I started this whole "controversy".
> I was NOT referring to this forum, but to every day conversations with other
> people. I used to use the word "at" at the end of my sentences also, but once
> someone pointed it out to me, it became MY pet peeve. I also make mistakes in
> spelling & grammar here because I am not the best typer (typist?). I am sorry
> if anyone took my peeve personally because it was not directed at anyone in
> particular. I will be sure to seriously consider my responses if/when I decide
> to post again. Thank you.
> Denise
> Defiance, OH

Please do post again and often, your comment was just something to start
conversation, a good conversation. I hope no one takes offense. I myself
learned about prepositions and some of the history of rules of language
usage. I too am a very poor speller (spell check helps me) so my sixth graders
kept a close eye on everything I put up in class. They were very helpful and
understanding. Mistakes are how we learn so lets be patient with the goofs
along the way. I too love you folks and would hate to see any of you hesitate
to speak up.
                                        Hang in there, Woody in KC

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15