RE: Will I be Arrested if I End a Sentence with a Preposition?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:14:35 PDT

I feel the need to respond to this, since I started this whole "controversy".
I was NOT referring to this forum, but to every day conversations with other
people. I used to use the word "at" at the end of my sentences also, but once
someone pointed it out to me, it became MY pet peeve. I also make mistakes in
spelling & grammar here because I am not the best typer (typist?). I am sorry
if anyone took my peeve personally because it was not directed at anyone in
particular. I will be sure to seriously consider my responses if/when I decide
to post again. Thank you.

Denise
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From lindwood@webtv.net =====
>MY pet peeve:
>Please get over the pet peeves about editing in this forum...we're all
>in a hurry to read all of these great emails, respond quickly and get on
>with it. I truly don't care if someone puts at at the end of a sentence
>of mispells something in this forum. It's not a term paper, or a
>magazine article, an evaluation, or whatever.

---