Re: "fine" artists who make you cringe

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:14:59 PDT

While we are on this subject, I just have to vent about one incident
about a 'supposed' artist that recently had a show in Chelsea, NY. This
one really frosts my cookies! The 'artist' they showcased was John
Gotti's widow. Not only did she have a show in Chelsea, but the opening
made the front page of the Daily News. Her work, in plain english,
stunk! My high school freshman know more about art than she obviously
does. Let's face it folks, the only reason she was noticed was because
of who she was, not her talent.
I just had to get that off my chest, thanks for letting me vent.
Michele

---