Re: Could you draw.....

---------

From: Donald Arcement (arcement_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 09:04:15 PDT

Yes Martha we are taken for granted. I get asked all the time. If the teacher is super enthusiastic about his or her subject, I try to send supplies if I have enough to make it for the rest of the school year, but if a teacher never even gives me the "time of day", then I reserve the right to be careful of whom I help. I get a limited budget, but "so-called" academic teachers get more attention and therefore funding than I do. I know that over half of my students don't bring the supplies that they are instructed to get anyway, and I am usually forced to supply the students with almost all that they need so I must take care of MY STUDENTS first. I always feel sorry for those students who bring their supplies and get conned into sharing their supplies. These students and their parents should not have to share their wealth just because others are not so generous! So I need my supplies and don't let them go too readily. I hope this helps you.

Idus (not Donald) in southern Mississippi (about an hour from New Orleans)