Speaking of Restrooms....

---------

From: Jerry & Mary B (gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 07:52:08 PDT

Just curious, what is the policy for most of you art educators.
Sometimes I feel like I am in the minority at school , in that if the
kids ask politely( are not "frequent flyers") I let them go to the
restroom. Many teachers at our school do not let students go during
class. One scenario is if it is one of the later periods of the morning
or end of the day , some kids really got to go. So by the time they get
to art..... you know what I mean :-). We have 3 minutes between
classes. Now for some young ladies in puberty 3 minutes doesn't cut it.
I do tell kids if they need the restroom to tell me right away before
the bell rings and that way they won't be marked late.
Bottom line - you know who the abusers of rest room use and who
legitimately needs it. If a kid has been working well and needs to
leave during work time( not during demos unless emergency), why torture
them. I do not understand the policy of some who refuse to let kids go.
MaryB

artappeal wrote:

>Makes me thankful that our kids are taught to say, "May I use the restroom,"

---