RE: recycling art work

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 05:38:10 PDT

Great lesson in ethics!
We are always, always teaching kids.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: BERHODES@comcast.net [mailto:BERHODES@comcast.net]
        Sent: Thu 7/24/2003 12:50 AM
        To: ArtsEdNet Talk
        Subject: recycling art work

         A few years ago I went to an art student state convention where a piece of
        art done by my student in 9th grade under my encouragement and tutoring was
        entered by another teacher under her school and name. It got best in the
        state and the student was a 12th grader at that time. This piece in 9th
        grade won at a statewide competition. This was not an oversight. The
        student told me that he knew it was wrong to turn it in as a 12th grade
        piece of art but said the teacher told him it was OK.

        Barbara E. Rhodes