Could you draw.....

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 24 2003 - 03:38:51 PDT

I, too have been bombarded with everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) asking me to draw, letter, paint, etc for them. My first response to them is to smile sweetly and say "you can't afford me"...that sinks in...and believe it or not, all I really do now is letter certificates for the DECA program (business club) and they pay me! (although admittedly not much...but it's what they can afford, and they budget for me each year). Everyone else, I measure out by 'rank'...I know that sounds weird, but obviously the Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent and Principal get the sweet smile and "when I can get to it"...and when I can, I do....the next set of people are those in the 'bartering round' (we swap favors)..this system allows me to let everyone know that my time and skill is valuable. The key is to smile.

San D

---