Re: Will I be Arrested if I End a Sentence with a Preposition?

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 20:26:56 PDT

cen_aca_dp wrote:

>I get that ALL the time. Could you just draw... Would you whip up...

Uuuuppppsssss! You just hit my sore spot! I cannot believe the people
in school, in the community! even the maintenance guys! who come to me
and ask if I would draw___________ (You can fill in just about
anything!) for them! I get calls constantly, asking as the art teacher,
if I could do some art project for them. It is amazing! I even had the
county recycling/trash center asking me to redo a huge sign that I had
my h/s class do for them a few years back! I have finally just started
ignoring the phone messages. And those who come to me personally, well,
I try not to look like someone just stepped on my toe, but it is sure
hard. I "just say no"! BUT what a constant bother! Maybe I should be
flattered but after several years of doing these nice helpful little
jobs, I just got tired of using up my little free time. Oh, the other
is, "do you have a student who could draw a picture for me. . . . . .
get the picture? (Ha) Debby :-( (Sorry for the poor grammar but I
don't feel like editing!) Good Night, Ya,ll! Thanks for being there--I
finally have a therapy group whom I can relate to...uh, a group to whom
I can relate? D. :-P :-\

---