Re: Will I be Arrested if I End a Sentence with a Preposition?

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 20:17:59 PDT

I really can't remember now. I have a good tax guy and he just listed it and told me to start saving receipts. You'll have to ask yours. Sorry I don't know more about that.

Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com> wrote:
Ohio teachers can deduct 250 bucks without receipts...........beyond
that amount you have to have
them. The $250 was just passed this year and I did it. Now I'm saving
more receipts. Before the
receipts had to total at least 2% of your salary, but I can't remember
if that is still the case.

I am from Ohio and am embarrassed to sat that I don't know
about this tax
credit. Sounds intriguing!

Denise

Is this a deduction or a tax credit (there is a big difference).
If you itemize on your federal return you should already be
taking deductions for money you spend on kids or classroom
materials that are not reimbursed by your employer. If you deduct
on your federal return it will be the same on your state return.
I try not to pass up a deduction but it only saves you (maybe 28 % on Fed)
and perhaps (4-6%) on your state return. Depends upon your level of
income. If it was a credit it would save you 100%.

Still I don't pass up a deduction. I deduct the 1700 miles I drive
to take a course in Taos each summer. It's only 33 cents a mile
but it all adds up.
Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons