Papyrus

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 18:07:20 PDT

I was interested in the question about what would be a good substitute
plants for papyrus for making paper, I did a google search and found
that the used the stem of the papyrus reed to make the paper. So I am
wondering if another aquatic reed like plant would be the way to go,
such as the cattail. Papyrus can grow up to 15 feet high so it has a
very long stem. If you went with leaves maybe yucca.
Ellen Silverman
k-8
New Jersey

---