Egyptian lessons and papyrus

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 15:44:15 PDT

I am currently working with a social studies teacher on an Egyptian collaboration. We were brainstorming the other day and I would like to try papermaking to resemble papyrus. Ideas? Has anyone done this before? I wonder what material to use- I am thinking leeks would be the most similar plant. They do, however, cost 4 bucks a bunch at the grocery store here. I'm all ears!

Have a fantabulous day,

Jayna