Pet peeves

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 14:19:27 PDT

My pet peeve is saying "I don't think"

My English teacher in high school would go crazy anytime somebody said "I
don't think"
Of course you think, he said. It's impossible not to think.

The correct grammar is to say I think not. It sounds strange, but think
about it.

Whenever a kid says to me "I don't think" my dear Mr. Diehl appears in
my head and I say
   Of course you think. It's impossible not to think.

So I'm influencing a bunch who are Knott thinking.

this little thing from Mr. Diehl has always reminded me that I DO think.

Patty
funny the little lessons we keep that the Mr. Diehls don't even know about

---