Re: NYT cuts the arts (very long)

---------

From: Betty Bowen (albertbandura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 13:06:07 PDT

How very sad. I wonder if they cut any sports. No sports were ever mentioned at all, unless I missed it. Somehow I think if only three out of ten students are reaching literacy, there is something going on besides not enough time on the subject matter. They would be better off starting to require a parents-as-teachers program. See how many of their parents are literate and start from there....probably can't do that, right?