RE: Hppy table

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 12:47:01 PDT

I don't have a"happy table", but 2 desks that I use in a similar way. When students cant seem to concentrate, I invite them to sit there, making it clear that it's not punishment if they choose to sit there before they get into trouble. At that point I usually also tell them that they can sit there next time by choice and it will still not be punishment. The same 2 desks are punishment desks if I have to tell them to sit there and they have distrubed other kids with their behavior. It's fun if thier teacher comes in and asks if there was a problem . I wink at the student and say "No." Smiles all around.
Jan