RE: Pet Peeve

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 10:53:15 PDT

Supposedly, you are not to end a sentence with a preposition, but that rule
may be broken in some instances. However, when it comes to the word "at", it
should not be broken, on most cases.
For example:
Is this where we are at? My name is not AT.
Where are you at? Ditto above.
What is wrong with the word at? O.K., that one may work!
Another example: where did you get that at? What is an AT?

Of course, I just broke my own rule by using AT at the end of my answers. Does
anyone see my point? Or should I go back in to the shadows to lurk again? :)

Denise
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com> =====
>Is this where we are at ?
>Where are you at ?
>What is wrong with the word at ?
>Why should we not end a sentence with the word at ?
> Woody in KC
>Don't get upset, I'm just in a joking mood.

---