Re: Jury duty, not a kinkade kind of day

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 10:31:36 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: lindwood@webtv.net
> My theory on jury duty is that they don't pick you if they know you are
> an artist....I have been called MANY times but was let go each time.

And my theory is they will ALWAYS pick teachers. Guess they think we're some
kinda wise beings..or see the "good" in everybody...or professional? I'd
like to think it's a "good" thing.

>From: Woody Duncan <wduncan@kc.rr.com>
> I was able to defer my jury duty till October.
> Can any of you defer your assignment when you are called ?
> Woody in KC

Yes. I've usually deferred mine to the summertime. I find them so
interesting. It's also scary to see some of the types chosen to decide
someone else's fate. These people will act one way during selection but once
on a panel, have a personality change.

I can also add a "pet peeve" here. My district is so cheap that when I get
my $5 a day check for gas from the courthouse, I have to turn it in to the
irksome district if it's a school day. I'm guessing you all have to do that
too, hummm? Toodles....Bunki

---