Re: Jury duty, not a kinkade kind of day

---------

LMiller435_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 10:26:41 PDT

In a message dated 07/23/2003 11:56:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lindwood@webtv.net writes:

> My theory on jury duty is that they don't pick you if they know you are
> an artist....I have been called MANY times but was let go each time.
> I'm

The time I was chosen for jury duty, there I was in the jury room, working on
one piece of artwork or another, and I got chosen. Why? I had gray hair!

The defendant was young and handsome, an overloaded dump truck charge.
The who jury was made up of older gray-haired ladies, with one token male.

There were many arguments in the jury room, he's so nice, said one, he won't
do it again, said another. Never mind the eveidence was there and it hadn't
been the first time for the Perini Corporation, who couldn;t have cared less
about the fine.

He was convicted, paid the fine and many of us walked out shaking our heads.

On Kincaid. I can't stand him, but my school sevretary loves him, spent the
money for a sofa sized one and slap me silly, but I found a Kincaid book on
sale for a few dollars and that's what I gave her for Christmas. She now smiles
at me all the time and translates notices to go home at the drop of a hat.
I guess K is good for something!

Leslie in Framingham, MA

---