Fw: Column online at artsiteguide.com Article on Wyland and Kincade and the McDonaldization of Art

---------

From: martha (artsymartsy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 10:11:01 PDT

----- Original Message -----
  From: Christine Besack
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 11:56 AM
  Subject: Column online at artsiteguide.com Article on Wyland and Kincade and the McDonaldization of Art

  Here's a link to an article on the McDonaldization of Art. It discusses primarily Wyland but includes Kincade also.
  Comparison to old masters (gave example of Rubens) and their prints very interesting.
  I love the title image !!!
   http://www.artsiteguide.com/mcd.html

  I Interesting article. I agree with many of his opinions.
  I do not like Kincades work - he sticks to one formula.But he is a successful artist - you have to give him that.
  John Seed makes a comment that explains why Kincade and Wyland should be regarded as successful. Mr. Seed boasts he can buy original artwork for 40 bucks. What artsit can make a living selling original artwork for $40.00 a piece. Not me! We may consider Kincade & Wyland to be "sell-outs" , but they make a GREAT living using their talents. You have to resect that.
  Martha

---