Re: doing artwork with students

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 08:14:26 PDT

I really like the extra credit based on effort and time. I always tell
students everyone may not be equally talented in the visual arts but
everyone is equal in effort! I stress that different talents such as
music, sports, cooking, writing etc. are all creative areas that are
part of our human qualities which make us unique. My biggest problems
are students who rush through their artworks not those who are working
so slowly. Has anyone a system for giving extra credit or points (since
I must give a number grade) for students using their time and effort
wisely? I usually just add a +1 to 10 points to the final project. Debby

BERHODES@comcast.net wrote:

>to teach the students to respect the art of all students, including their
>own, and honor all learning time. For example, I give points on extra
>credit based on the amount of effort and time, not talent, that is placed
>into an art piece's production.

---