Engelbreit and Wegman

---------

From: Michele Berlin (stardust606_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 07:47:56 PDT

It's funny how eventually subjects will cross list. These two artists
have been mentioned on the Scottish Terrier list for two different
reasons, and they are the same reasons I like and dislike them.
I have to admit I like Mary Engelbreit for a real lame reason, it is
because she does the cutest scottie dogs in her work. And since I own
two scotties myself, well, you get the idea.....
As for Wegman, his work is great and I know he loves his dogs and takes
good care of them. The only thing is he has really caused a stir among
the Weimariner people. People see the dogs, think they are really cute
and go out and buy a puppy , with no knowledge of the breed or if it
will work for their personality. Then the puppies grow up and it is not
so cute anymore, and people realize they made a mistake and the poor dog
is shipped off for a shelter. It's not that the Weimariner people want
him to stop, they just want him to put some disclaimer in his books
about how a Weimariner may not be for everybody.
What can I tell you, you can't please everybody. Those are my two cents
for what it's worth. Back to art......
Michele

---