Re: Kids teaching kids

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 07:03:09 PDT

lindwood@webtv.net wrote:
> THe best way to learn something is to teach it.

I can't agree more. When I started teaching I found out
that I was learning more and more each day because I had
to "really" understand it to teach it to someone else.
The same was true for my 8th graders. We worked on
long projects and many were absent from time to time.
I depended upon students to help each other get caught up
on steps in a procedure or project.

Even with my 6th graders this was important. When we did
a color wheel, those who got it right the first day became
teachers the next. As they came in I had them already
paired with someone to teach. Teaching is the best way
to really find out if you know something. It deepens learning.

Also there is only one of you and you need the help.

                                        Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15