Re: Kids teaching kids

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jul 23 2003 - 06:58:57 PDT

I took a methods course not long ago and this is a very valid teaching
technique. In fact, we practiced it several times and it does work. Teacher
gives info, then one student turns to another and "teaches" that concept.
Then the receiver "reteaches" the concept. Just knowing you are going to
have to share the info makes people internalize it better. Kind of like
giving a student a worksheet when they watch a video - gives them a reason
to pay attention. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids