my number 1 rule

---------

From: Eric & Kris Holsen (holsenek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 20:20:50 PDT

Okay, so I'm behind the chat...

My #1 saying in my class is... "Work." That's all. Remember work ethic?
We have to instill it. (Reflecting back on the funny about all the things
teachers are supposed to manage to do...!)

It takes a humorous inflection to make "Work" work - but they get it.

I love the Duke Ellington rules someone posted.

And to be a good teacher - I have to remember to not take the easy way - but
to work at whatever I'm doing, to take time to understand, etc. Even when
I'm pooped.

Night night.

--Kris

--