Re: Kinkade/Kincade

---------

From: Deborah Bridges (dbb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 19:50:16 PDT

Here I was seriously reading my 100 e-mails tonight and got caught up
with this Kinkade thing. I skipped through and kept reading the
comments--ya'll are sooooo much fun! Between the calendars and the
knife, I could hardly keep from jumping in and adding my own Kinkade
story--Well, since ya'll asked, here goes: I was with a group of ladies
from my church going on a Christmas ladies only shipping trip to
Atlanta's Perimeter Mall and all I heard was about going to the, you
guessed it! The Thomas Kinkade Gallery! Not only that but later we all
trouped in--I passed through in about 5 minutes and went outside and sat
down to rest my aching feet. Everyone was uuuuuhhhing and ahahahing for
about 30 minutes when they finally tore themselve away. I did see one
or two that I liked that were not the traditional look--very different
but his work! Later, our ladies' church group raised money (ugh!) to
give our pastor's wife a painting by him for her birthday! I was nice
and kept my opinion to myself. I offered to pay for the wrapping paper
and ribbon! (Ooops!) I noticed several ladies carrying Kinkade canvas
bags and Bible covers! I think I'm going to look for one of those
knives to give to our pastor for Christmas! (We are all really close
friends and joke alot but I know I'll be pushing our friendship!)
Debby ;-) P.S. I guess I'm in the group who aren't T.K.'s fans.

---