Mike and drawing...

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 12:07:21 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
 Danville, CA 94526
From: Occasm@aol.com
Judy,
Funny thing is I personally prefer less representational design stuff myself
being a graphic/advertising art director, and I could weigh it more that
way, but I feel I leaving out something for them espescially because they
want realism. Now, sure some kids may draw :"like Patty kids" but that's
only because in their eyes they can't get it "right". I like the idea of
cubist connections and such. Not sure if they would buy it ,b ut I'm willing
to try.
mike sacco ---
Hi, Mike. If you still feel pretty clueless about what you want and think
you can accomplish with drawing, spend the rest of your summer reading Betty
Edwards and Mona Brooks. You can get the books really cheaper at half.com.
and then you can make up your own mind with some insight. Also...this year
try having your kids write about their experiences while doing
art...especially drawing. They have lots to tell you too. Toodles.....Bunki

---