Re: Kinkade (was, caring about drawing....(Kinkade:(

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 12:03:30 PDT

I'm going to jump in here - I think what bugs me about Kincade's work is
that I liken it to Bob Ross and his "happy trees". While his marketing
technique cannot be denied I feel that his art/marketing disrupts everything
I've tried to teach. Last Christmas I got SIX Kincade calendars from my
students. Not one Michaelangelo, Rembrandt, Warhol, or any other famous
artist - only Kincade. One was from my secret santa, 4 were primary aged
students, and 1 from an intermediate student. So I smiled sweetly and said
thanks, and hope this year will be better. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

---