Re: Doing artwork with students.....

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 08:40:33 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bunki Kramer" <bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us>

. . . "Copying" is not a bad word in my dictionary. We all
> "copied" when we learned how to write and heaven knows we ALL write
> differently in the end. It's how you learn your "style". . .

Great analogy Bunki! Thanks for saying this because it makes me feel better
about some of the lessons I teach at the elementary level. This makes so
much sense because a beginner at anything certainly needs a foundation on
which to build. What you wrote reminds me that I have "copied" something
from every teacher I've had from grade school to graduate school in order to
arrive at my current unique style. However, it also reminds me that since
I'm basically the only art teacher my students have from grades k-5, I have
a lot of power. I must be very careful not to create thousands of little
clones of me!

Leah

---