Re: instruction sheets or postings/middle school

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 07:33:30 PDT

I put the steps large on the board in colored chalk to on a large piece of paper in colored marker. For some reason they want to look at that a little more. I don't give them step by step sheets. You're right, no matter how many times you refer them to it they still don't look at it. I also post vocabulary words large and give step by step demos. If I show examples, I show more than one of them. They don't tend to want to copy if you have more than one.
Jancy

Occasm@aol.com wrote:
Okay here's another topic I have to ask about.

How many m.s/j.h. teachers use instruction sheets or post steps in the classroom. I did it once (posted steps) during this my first year and then stopped until my very last lesson where I gave out a step by step sheet at the start. Of course they never referred to it and asked me repeatedly when they should have been referrring to the sheet.
     The rest of the year I just demoed the next step when most of the class was ready. Let the input roll, I need help with this

mike sacco
p.j. gelians jhs ---