RE: Art and Phys Ed.

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 06:58:11 PDT

The closest my classes have come is to recreate some of Oldenburg's sculptures using their own bodies.
I love this idea. Makes me think, too, of Jackson Pollack. No one talks much about it, but I love the fact that he witnessed Native Am. sandpaintings being created as a child, giving his style some historical and physical basis.
Jan