Re: observational drawing-j.h/middle school

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 06:37:18 PDT

Mike, you may also be doing complex projects that require more time. :-) I base my due dates on those "middle" students - the ones who are almost always there, don't work too fast or too slow. These are generally good kids who plug away and don't call attention to themselves too much. The students who work fast I push to work more on their projects, the ones who are too slow (due to work habits or absence) I push to work abit quicker or take stuff home to finish. I don't give extra class time for those who are gone. My due date is the last day they may work in class on a project - they have one week after that to complete the project on their own and get it turned in without consequence. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

  I don't know Bunki,
  I only got to three projects a quarter (10 weeks). Kids being absent, lesson, concerts, plays, yada ya)

  Maybe I'm giving them too much time to complete projects.

  mike sacco ---

---