Re: what to do with absentees

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 06:32:35 PDT

We have "seminar", which is really "study hall" for 30 min. every day. I require students who miss due to sports, music, illness, whatever, to make up one seminar with me for every day missed. Since I am not giving instruction at this time I can devote full attention to that student. If they just can't make seminar then it's 30 min. before or after school - but they have 3 days to do it. :-)
~Michal

  Okay it's the middle of summer and my mine is reeling. Airing out all of my problems from first year.

  What do list member do in m.s/j.h when kids miss key steps (illness and the dreaded music lesson pull-outs). Ohhhhhhhhh, this drove me nuts this year. I started off repeating demos many times, but then resorted to having kids teach kids. Then I felt guilty.

  mike sacco
  p.j. gelinas jhs. ---

---