Re: instruction sheets or postings/middle school

---------

From: Becky Thornton (artswim_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 19:13:29 PDT

Dear Mike,
On a lesson making portfolios, I print out the directions, have them
laminated and tape them to each table! Yes, I have examples!
Some of the lessons, I have put on projecct boards. I usually put the
examples in the middle, the notes and vocab on the left and the project
directions on the right.
Of course, I do the usual set up, but can ask if they have read the
directions, or what was the last step you did...find out...what is next?
Becky Thornton
I thought these were the answer to my prayers and that it just couldn't be
messed up...the, I had already explained the lesson to all classes, had the
board out and everything...had a sub (my daughter had a baby! :-) ) and she
had them fold the paper in thirds instead of in half, as per directions and
examples...the project looked stupid in this format as each was 12" x 4 2/3"
instead of 9" x 12"

---