chili pepper advice

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 12:29:59 PDT

hi,

i've worked with chili peppers lots - growing and preparing - and have done research about skin irritation. now i ALWAYS to wear gloves when handling them in any way, no matter what. its so much easier than suffering when i don't. i've had burning hands for days after trying at least 10 different remedies for neutralizing the stuff or getting it off my skin. amazing how tasty the hot ones are when eaten but how brutal when touched! btw, eating hot peppers is supposed to be really healthy - besides the vitamins and stuff, they are painkillers, antibacterial/antiparisitic, and even are said to have psychological benefit. yay chilis! for an exotic pepper treat, try scotch bonnet peppers: hot like a habenero but fruity, too. and check out this website for more great recipes: http://www.pepperfool.com/

oh yeah, before i get flamed, this IS art related, too - my hs students from a few years ago did some fanstastic compositions using combined views of whole and cut up bell peppers in realistic and abstract drawing styles using prismacolors on dark construction paper. i plan on trying this project again this year. will give more info. if anybody's interested~

wendy free