Working with students (short)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 12:27:57 PDT

> I do sample projects sometimes to give kids creative approaches to
> problem solving, show how different media can look together, work
> through the process before they do so as to anticipate what their
> problems might be. In addition to that, it's just plain fun!

me too (smile)

>> I hide my examples after the introduction and they are not allowed to
copy.

Leaving my samples up was part of my "3 before me"....if you have some
simple questions - go an look at my sample first and see if that can help
solve your problem.
I am so glad to hear that in "your worlds" things work differently. Some of
my kiddies just had to see it everyday.
3 before me:
1. sample and visuals (art prints etc)
2. your notes and instruction sheets
3. ask a classmate
I got this from a coworker - and found it to be good advice -- most of the
time.

Now I learned a lesson -- See if another list member gives a similar
message.

---