Re: Sometimes ya have to have "Just Do it" art

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 11:30:10 PDT

Actually, I tell my students they are allowed to copy my examples, as well
as their classmates work. They must make a minimum of 5 obvious changes tho
in order for it to be turned in as "their" work. By the time they've made
those 5 changes they rarely look anything like the original. I heard this
from a college instructor and I find it really helps those students who see
an example and then panic cause they think their artwork must look like
mine. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

<snip> I hide my examples after the introduction and they are not allowed to
copy. I
> tell them that. It doesn't seem to do anything but help them, actually.

---