Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Make Art Meaningful - Lesson Plans site

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 04:58:06 PDT

Sara Sent me a site - so I explored it

SEED Developer Application
Find lessons by grade level and content area.

Here are just a few of the middle school lesson plans on the site. They are
very thorough lessons which might spark an idea. (I didn't read through the
entire lessons - I know I personally would probably do them differently)

Teaching Local Culture and Heritage (interdisciplinary)
I took a class called "Backyard History" which was very interesting to me
and shared a little bit of it when I did my Heroes unit with 8th grade (but
that is a long story). I shared a little with all of my classes so they
could see how I was continuing to learn - and enjoying it. If we want kids
to learn history - we should give them some history that will mean something
to them.

Constructing a Geometric Quilt Design:

Storytelling through Clay Animation:

Math Arts:

I won't be linking this site up to my site - but will provide a link on the
IAD Lesson Plans page.
It will be a while before I do more updates.

I look at all sites you send me....Believe me I KNOW you don't have time to
look at the sites I send you....I send them to you just in case the need
arises - then you have the search already done. I have lots of artists links
searches saved on my computer and share them with folks who request.

Sara's link to String Art that was too long from my post:

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department

P.S. for Deborah...This is file - save as - save into "links" folder in my
Incredible Art Department folder