Someday I'll Be the Artist Formerly Known as Starving

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 13:03:51 PDT

let's face it
We (and the media) perpetuate the starving artist myth - Van Gogh,
Pollock, you name the artist

we relish in the Romanticism of the misunderstood artist
we make defense for the aberrant behaviors

I am tired of artist being associated with crazy and STARVING

can we make a list of historical artists that are not "labeled"

crazy artists and starving make good stories
today I heard that some woman who bought a painting at yard sale years
ago(for $5.00) now finds out it is a Pollock worth $25 million.

This is the kind of stuff that makes people wonder what art is about. ??????

I'm not starving
Patty

---