Re: Tracy Conley needs your help

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 20:24:34 PDT

Tracey,
I hope this is clear

My solution is that they need a project that is win win win

for all level and for all student that looks GREAT.

Give them confidence and choices!!!

I have some string art projects that are patterns and easy to do. I did this
with some older students whos confidence was very low.

Stage one

show some finished examples or pictures of

show some them how to do the stitching on an unfinished one

let them choose their pattern

two colors of string, thread

work with kite sting it is really cheap

work with tag board ,cereal box card board, mat board
glue pattern on back

push pins to make holes

very large emboirdery (spelling?) needles

This is easy to do but looks WOW

Now they have confidence-Now challenge them

Stage Two

Show them how to create their own string art design pattern with nicer
card board, colorful mat board

Metalic string or colorful yarn or cord

limit colors to 5( use just warm colors or another color scheme or after
showing examples and technique let them vote on five colors - gives them
choices or ownership

----------------------------
LET THEM DO TWO

Divide class into groups of?
 Time to teach color wheel and color scheme
Do the vanilla icing and food coloring bet to create the color wheel of iced
vanilla wafers
no eating till you take the groups picture with finished iced color wheel

I went to the Salvation Army store and got crochet thread
very cheap
If you tell the manager who you are working with they may give it to you
free.

I can go on and on about the lessons for string art.........

Sara

sarawren@houston

Tracy if you want the patterns and a copy of my handouts for different
levels of string art, email me to give me your address and I will mail you
the above examples and information.

Please email very soon I leave for a vacation Monday.

If I get your email in time I will email the stuff as soon as possible Or if
I get a reply later I will mail as soon as I can when I get back.

Sara

---