RE: Tracy Conley needs your help

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 06:34:16 PDT

Here's an idea using matboard scraps:
 Cut the scraps into small squares & use as mosaics to cover painted cardboard
boxes. (It is easier to cut them into strips and then squares.) We used old
school boxes given to the art dept by a teacher cleaning out her room, but any
boxes with a nice lid will work. They spaced the mosaics so the paint showing
through became the "grout". We added a ribbon hoop to the lid to add detail.
Very simple project. You can add an art history lesson very easily.

Hope this helps!
Denise in Ohio

>===== Original Message From Pam Smith <thinkart@hawaii.rr.com> =====
>FYI I get free matt board scraps from a local frame shop. Most of the
>scrapes are good size. You have to sort and throw, but I have gotten some
>wonderful throw a-ways from them. It saves them a trip to the garbage
>disposal area and RECYCLES the materials. Doesn't hurt to ask.
>Pam

---