Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Words of Wisdom

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 04:37:49 PDT

Judy asked if anyone had a list of Words of Wisdom. I have a 3 page list
which I won't post here but will send to Judy if she wants to use it. I put
a quote on the board everyday and thought nobody was looking until somebody
asked "who is Anon?" (and he wasn't kidding) And then Anon started answering
the quotes and before I knew it kids were arguing some of the thoughts and
bringing in their own quotes.
Here are a few of my favorites:

³If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time.²
³Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.²
--George S. Patton
³Great ideas need landing gear as well as wings.²
--C.D. Jackson
³If you don't have time to do it right you must have time to do it over.²
³Think you can, think you can¹t; either way, you¹ll be right.²
--Henry Ford
³Change your thoughts and you change your world.²
--Norman Vincent Peale
³The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our
world sees us.²
--Arlene Raven
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which
ones to keep."
Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
³You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.²
--Mark Twain
"If you keep doing things like you've always done them, what you'll get is
what you've already got."
Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use.
-- Wendell Johnson

Hope you can use Knott Just Another Quote