Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Silk paintin

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 08:35:40 PDT

What about Tyvec ;-D

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Jude&Frank []
        Sent: Tue 7/15/2003 1:00 PM
        To: ArtsEdNet Talk
        Subject: Silk paintin
            I'm hoping someone can give me suggestions for what materials to look for. I am going to work with another artist on some banners for a worship shape and have no experience with silk painting, but we agree this is the approach & look we'd like to try. My questions are: what are some materials (fabric & paint wise) to use which might be less costly & still look great? These banners will end up being somewhat sizable, and we will experiment a bit ahead of time, but want to hold costs down. What are potential glitches to be aware of?
        Thanks in advance!