Re: Covering Large Bulletin Boards

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 08:20:55 PDT

What a great idea! I will be watching for more bulletin board ideas and adding them to IAD in the future. I know Michal has some from previous Getty threads on her site that I can link to. I have saved a few myself over the years.

I just thought I would add... We made some large rolling display boards (finished dimensions 4" by whatever the door height was - I can't remember now - the just cleared the top of the door frame). 2x2's were routed out to receive a Homosote board (Homosote is a gray board that is made out of paper. It comes in 4'x8' sheets and is 1/2" thick... you can push pins into it with ease). "Feet" with casters were made from 2x4"s. I covered my boards with a tweedy textured wall paper (yes - a beige/grey tweed look). It was a good quality wallpaper - and didn't show the pin marks -- and could be washed easily if need be. It sure saved me a lot of time at art show time (and throughout the year). I didn't have to take time to cover the boards with paper - and the tweedy texture looked good with all colors of mat boards.

Now I wish I had saved the very detailed instructions I wrote out for them when the high school made some more for us....Drats - I just deleted all of that from my machine a few days ago...Silly me....I should just continue to save everything (ha-ha).

When I get some time to add this topic to the site - I will post the question to the lists. Thanks Janealla! Bulletin board ideas is a frequent topic on ArtsEdNet.

Judy