Re: Chile Rellenos Casserole

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 22:22:52 PDT

Woody Duncan wrote:

> Part of the retirement thing is that I get to cook now.
> Frani said she cooked for the first 40 years, now it's
> my turn. I bought a dozen Anaheim Chiles and roasted
> and peeled them. We had Chiles Rellenos Casserole
> for dinner tonight.

And you didn't invite US?! Man, I love chiles rellenos. Try making
them with Poblano chiles sometime.

Here's a story for you: last summer I had a bumper crop of Poblanos. A
new neighbor from NYC was wondering what chiles rellenos were, so I told
him and his girlfriend if they would come over and help peel them, I'd
fix dinner. When they noticed the chiles were producing a slight
burning in their hands, I warned them not to touch their mouths or eyes
until they'd washed their hands thoroughly.

Justin got up to go wash his hands, but before doing so, peed first (can
you guess what's coming?). Beth and I heard this low moan from the
bathroom, then saw Justin walk out doubled over and whimpering. Since
dairy products can neutralize the burn, I handed him a carton of milk
and a rag and suggested he somehow soak himself with the milk.
Afterwards I gave him some aloe and vitamin E salve--and told Beth to
forgo any romance for a day or so ;D

Maggie

---